Hak Pak Updater is a client/server interface for launching multiplayer games for NWN.
In any module that requires a hak pak, Hak Pak Updater does the following:
- automatically logs on to the specified hak pak server and checks the status of the hak pak to see if anything has been changed;
- if you do not have all of the elements in the latest hak pak for the module,
the Hak Pak Updater client will selectively download only those files in the hak pak which you do not have -
saving you the download of the entire hak pak if only a few models or textures have been changed;
- Hak Pak Updater identifies files within a hak pak by identifying their unique MD5 checksum - not simply their file name.
This means that if you have downloaded the file within a given hak pak as part of another hak pak on another server -
you will not have to download it again;
- Hak Pak Updater stores all the files within your hak paks within its cache,
permitting the client to essentially build the necessary hak pak for use in a module on the fly prior to the game commencing;
- Hak Pak Updater's server application tracks all your hak paks, building file lists and handling the selective downloading of files.
Here you can find some additional info about HakUpdater: